Friday, June 13, 2008

Do You Have a Sweet Tooth? I Do!

I love sweets. I have to have something sweet with each of my meals. Most people would think, "How could I possibly lose weight if I'm eating sweets everyday." I say, "How can you not if you savor the taste of something sweet everyday?" Moderation is the key. So, for all of you sweet tooths out there, here's a wonderful recipe that I like to make and have with low fat ice cream or sherbert. It's strawberry bread and it's delicious!

WARNING: I have a sliver at a time so I can have three slivers over the course of a day (which really equals to 1 slice by the end of the day). This is so good it's dangerous!

Strawberry Bread Recipe
Ingredients:
2 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites -- whipped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce -- at room temperature
2 cups strawberries* -- chopped


Directions:
Preheat oven at 350. Prepare pan(s) with cooking spray and flour. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, applesauce, and strawberries. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan(s) and bake for 25 minutes depending on pan size.

*If using frozen strawberries, measure them after defrosting and draining them.
Low Fat Strawberry Bread serves/makes 1 loaf

No comments: